Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Kiwi!

In honor of this summer-like weather I'm mashing up some kiwi for Aura's meal today!
As I was making it I was thinking (as I'm sure some people reading this will) but wait, there's seeds in it!
Then I thought of a very true but I think often overlooked fact when it comes to baby food. Man invented the blender. What does that mean? It means that at least one baby survived without having every meal pureed and strained to death. It's like when people say you can't put spices in baby food. What do you think babies eat in India and the Carribean? I can guarantee you it isn't rice cereal.
I'm all for a healthy degree of caution when it comes to Aurora's food and with things like drinking cow's milk and undiluted fruit juice I will probably wait, and there will no honey until the fear of botulism has passed. However where most food is concerned I think experimenting within reason is fine... I'm sure Aurora will let me know if she doesn't agree. In this case the seeds are very soft and she seems to like texture so I think the kiwi will be fine. The vitamin C content alone makes it worth a shot! Won't know until we try... just waiting for her to wake up from her nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment